Orthopedic Appliance Company is dedicated to providing foot care and footwear for your everyday needs.
We specialize in orthopedic shoes for adults and children as well as, arch supports, custom-made shoes, and orthopedic shoe correction. For people with diabetes, we have a complete line of diabetic footwear. In order to deliver the quality care you deserve, our footwear is fitted by a team of highly qualified specialists.
It's all about taking good care of your feet. Foot care is very important for people with diabetes, but especially if you have:
- Loss of feeling in your feet.
- Changes in the shape of your feet.
- Foot ulcers or sores that do not heal.
So how do diabetic shoes help? Quite simply they lessen the possibility of an infected or ulcerated foot. One of the common problems for people with diabetes is the poor condition of their feet. It seems that their feet are more susceptible to cuts and bruises and other common foot complaints. For this reason doctors always advise diabetics to take extra care of their feet and monitor their condition regularly. One such way to take extra care of feet is to wear diabetic shoes. But what is so special about diabetic shoes compared to ordinary shoes?
- Diabetic shoes aim to prevent or alleviate problems from occurring.
- Diabetic shoes have removable insoles that can help to redistribute the pressure points on the feet.
- The shoes should have extra ventilation to reduce dampness and heat that can lead to infections.
- Diabetic shoes should be lightweight and seamless to prevent irritation and rashes.
Although diabetic shoes can help to improve the condition of your feet, it remains important to always take extra care of them. Examine them regularly. Wash and dry them thoroughly everyday and keep nails, calluses and other dead skin well trimmed. If you have diabetes, we have a great selection of therapeutic shoes that will provide the protection, support and comfort you need for your feet.
Foot Orthoses (Arch Supports)
Orthopedic Shoes Correction
Orthopedic Shoes (Adult and Children)