There are few places in the country like Asheville. How many cities have mile-high mountains rising from the skyline? How many cities have an entire district dedicated to the arts? How many cities see stories by hundreds of thousands of acres of protected forests? For residents of Buncombe and Henderson counties, there is so much to see and do in our unique region. As winter turns to spring, people will get out to enjoy a variety of activities, including:
- Hiking some of the thousands of miles of trails in western North Carolina.
- Biking in one of the best areas for mountain biking east of the Mississippi River. Whether it’s Bent Creek, Dupont State Forest, or Tsali Recreation Area, people come from all over to hit the trails in western North Carolina.
- Water sports in one of the many pristine rivers and creeks such as whitewater rafting, kayaking, tubing, and fly fishing.
- Walking or cycling along the many miles of greenway trails throughout Asheville.
- Exploring downtown Asheville or one of the many other charming towns in western North Carolina.
There is so much to do outdoors; however, if you are struggling with pain and discomfort, you may not be able to enjoy the area the way you would hope. If you have a nagging injury or discomfort that does not seem to go away, it might be time to talk to your doctor about orthopedic leg braces. Here is what you need to know about leg bracing in Asheville, NC.
Orthopedic Leg Braces in Asheville, North Carolina | Orthopedic Appliance Company
There are many signs you would benefit from an orthopedic brace. Ask your doctor if you are experiencing any of these conditions:
- Ongoing or chronic pain in your knees, ankles, feet, or legs.
- Discomfort when performing daily tasks.
- Frequent swelling and inflammation, especially when you exercise.
- Chronic arthritis in your legs
- You are recovering from surgery on your knees, ankles, or feet.
- You have low or no arches in your feet.
- You are wearing out your shoes more quickly.
- You experience discomfort when sitting for long periods of time.
- You experience discomfort from standing.
- Your legs, ankles, or feet need correction from chronic issues.
At Orthopedic Appliance Company, we have a wide variety of lower extremity orthotic devices, including:
- Hip Orthosis
- Hot Pants
- Single Hip Joint and Thigh Section
- Bilateral Hip Orthosis with or without Leg Extension
- Hip Knee Ankle Foot Orthosis (HKAFO)
- Reciprocation Gait Orthosis (RGO)
- Functional Electronic Stimulation (FES)
- Plastic Knee Ankle Foot Orthosis (KAFO)
- Metal (KAFO)
- Range of Motion (ROM)
- ACL / PCL / MCL Brace
- Osteoarthritis Knee Orthosis (OA) Unloader
- Patella Tracking Knee Support
- Hinged Knee Support
- Knee Immobilizer
- High and low ankle braces
We work directly with your doctors and rehabilitation team to develop the right orthopedic brace for your recovery. We can help you improve your mobility and find relief from pain and discomfort. Orthopedic Appliance Company has been developing the highest quality orthopedic bracing devices for sixty years. If you would like more information about our orthotics, we would love to hear from you. Contact us today to find out about how our orthopedic braces can provide relief for your leg pain.